Child safety policy
Approved by committee 2017
The purpose of this document is to set out the rules and expectations that ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved or associated with Riverside Red Sox Junior Football Club is maintained.
This document covers all individuals, including administrators, elected officials, coaches, employees, contractors, parents and all volunteers of the Club. It protects our children, our Club, our volunteers and our community
By law, in New Zealand, a child is deemed to be any person below the age of 18 years old.
2. Child Protection Policy Statement
Riverside Red Sox Junior Football Club recognises the positive role sport plays in the lives of our junior members and acknowledges its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of every child and young person who has been entrusted to its care.
We are committed to providing a safe environment for all members and ensuring all necessary steps are taken to protect all junior members from harm. We recognise that parents and carers also play an important role in protecting their children and ensuring they get the best possible experience at our Club.
We encourage parents and carers to take an active interest in their child’s sport, setting an example for their children to learn how to have fun while being safe.
3. Key Principles
The key principles of the Club’s Child Protection and Safety Policy are that:
· The child’s welfare is, and must always be, the paramount consideration
· All children and young people have the right to be protected from abuse regardless of their age, gender, disability, race, sexual orientation, faith or beliefs
· All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately
· Working in partnership with other organisations, children and young people and their parents/carers is essential
We acknowledge that every child or young person who plays or participates in football should be able to take part in an enjoyable and safe environment and be protected from poor practice and abuse.
We recognise that this is the responsibility of every adult involved in our Club.